10 facts you probably didn't
know about Anycloud
The tech-industry is often subject for many speculations and stereotyping. However, we like to do things a little different at Anycloud. This shows in different aspects of the company including our innovative product portfolio, the way we work and embrace the social culture including every employee, and much more. Anycloud has been a consistent player in the industry for more than 25 years, and while we share many of our success stories and fun social gatherings on our social platform, there is much more to us than meets the eye.
Let’s dive into 10 facts you probably didn’t know about Anycloud.
- The first phone in Anycloud (before the cellphone, yes, we are THAT old), was an integrated phone in a fax machine.
- We once had a web shop that exclusively sold equipment for Apple iPods, which was the first of its kind in Denmark.
- Our first foreign adventure started in 2013 in Poland and was launched with a party at the then Danish ambassador’s private residence in Warsaw – how cool is that?
- Shortly after starting the business in 1998, Anycloud bought the domain applestore.dk. This was before the Apple Store (as we know it from Apple today) was invented by Apple. We later gave the domain to Apple USA, which they now own.
- In the beginning of the Anycloud adventure, Anycloud sold hardware in combination with IT solutions. We were the first in Denmark to be approved to offer leasing of equipment with digital signatures. This significantly simplified the administrative process.
- We acquired the first tablets, Apple Newtons, available on the market, and still have them to this day.
- Before we were named Anycloud, the company was called MacXpres named after a software company that to this day still exists as QuarkXpress.
- We were once 24-hour IT support security for the production of Big Brother in Denmark.
- Our first offices outside the garage the company started in was located in Copenhagen NV.
- Anycloud has throughout the years provided sponsorships for many versatile purposes. This includes Stop Violence, Natteravnene, Louisiana Burger at Roskilde Festival, and local football clubs in Denmark.
Our 25 years in the industry has not just brought ups and downs, great innovation, long lasting partnerships and more importantly it has brought incredible memories.